180 mm / F2.8 – Sonnar carl zeiss jena
Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 180 2.8 The Pentacon Six is truly a legendary lens with an impeccable picture. Can serve as an excellent portrait lens on full-frame CCD. It is very much appreciated by photographers professionals.
- Focal length: 180 mm
- Limits of aperture: F2.8-F22
A little history. It all started with the creation of the legendary sonar scheme (Sonnar) in the 30’s of the last century. In the distant 1936 to the Berlin Olympics was created a 180mm high-aperture lens. The name “Sonnar” comes from the German word “Sonne”, meaning the Sun, actually in those years the diaphragm in 2.8 for such focal was a rarity.
It is believed that the first lenses were the best in quality. Further, the optical scheme was repeatedly copied, for example, to create a lens of the Soviet Jupiter-6. There are different versions of Sonnar 180 2.8 – these are old “zebras”, the newer ones are black without MS enlightenment, and black with MC enlightenment.
Features of the CZJ Sonnar 2.8 / 180 lens:
- The focal length of 180mm for medium format allows you to get wonderful photos. Sonnar is used on the average format as an excellent portrait.
- Very large aperture F2.8 for such a focal length. The lens is very easy to achieve a blur of the background and foreground. This allows you to use the lens as a beautiful portrait lens.
- Weight, which is quite large and makes you tinker with the lens. Keep a camera with such a lens and at the same time it is difficult to focus. The best option is to use CZJ Sonnar 2.8 / 180 on a tripod.
- Excellent hood, which really helps to keep the side and back light. The lens hood is removable and very large. Also, it is worth mentioning the mounting on the lens for a tripod or a monopod. The attachment can rotate and lock in the specified position. The diameter of the hole for fixing is non-standard for modern cameras.
- The diaphragm setting ring pleasantly switches the diaphragm, gently snapping at the same time.
- Sonnar is all metallic, with all the necessary indicators of distances, diaphragms, which is very important for a manual lens.
- The lens gives a wonderful picture quality. It is sharp enough for portraits on a fully open diaphragm F2.8. The contrast is excellent. The picture is very plastic, smooth, smooth with a beautiful bokeh. The blurring of the distant plan is Sonnarovskoye, which differs from other schemes by its softness. Thanks to the large focal and large aperture makes simply incredible art photos. For a portrait, probably one of the best lenses.
- Condition: USED. LIKE NEW!!! Glasses have very small traces of use. Body has small traces of use. The lens has undergone cleaning and testing by the qualified master. It is completely ready to use.
- Lens mount: PL
- Frame Size: 24×36 mm
- FULL FRAME
- Focal length: 180 mm
- Aperture: 2.8
- FILTER MOUNT: 72 mm
- Made in USSR – KMZ factory
- Modify: IRON GLASS
- Brand: IRONGLASSADAPTERS
- Scale of diaphragms: from 2.8 to 22
- This item include: front and rear caps, hood. Not have focus and iris gears.
- Compatible with: The lens can be used with all cameras with PL mount(adapter).