- Lens is fully ready to use
- Lens looks like new
- Have DE-CLICK aperture
- Smooth focus
- Lenses have metal focus & iris gears
- Lenses have front and rear caps
- Lenses come with a carry case
- Focusing in full range, including infinity
- Glasses have small traces of use
- Inside there is no dust
- Aperture blades free of oil
- Have front screw filter size 77mm and outcide diameter 80mm
- The lens has undergone cleaning and testing by the qualified master.
58/2 HELIOS 44m4
Best vintage lens: small, cheap, far from perfect, but incredible in so many ways.
There are many versions of this lens with the 44M4 model being the most common. All versions though were based on the amazing Zeiss’s Biotar 58mm, which explains why Helios 58mm is so well regarded. It’s always the first lens I recommend to anyone wishing to try out vintage lenses.
It pretty much has it all including the beautiful dreamy flares, very unique swirly bokeh and a great sharpness (providing you get lucky with your copy). Minimum focusing distance is 0.50m, so gets you pretty nice close-ups with this lens, making it very popular for mid/close portrait shots.
Min Focusing Distance: 0.5m
Angle of View (FF): 40°
Focus Throw: Approx. 270°
Aperture Blades: 8
Aperture Range: F2.8 – F16
Weight (with mods): 319g