Traditionally most lenses have a black body finish and we have done the same for our rehoused lenses, but we wanted to try something special for those of you who want to have visually striking lenses, so welcome our new WHITE version, lovingly nicknamed the “Stormtrooper” because of its colour resemblance to a certain well known film character.
This colour version is created by the anodising method, ensuring the same rugged, quality finish that won’t scratch easily!
You will be able to order all of our existing and upcoming rehoused VLFV Cine Edition Soviet lenses in this finish, but hurry because for now it’s a limited run of just 20 sets in this finish and even if we sell out quickly, we won’t be able to make new white parts until the second half of 2020.
To order head to our Rehoused Soviet Lenses section and pick the “white” body when ordering.
As manufacture during the Soviet period did not have a good enough quality control, we bring out the best out of rehoused Helios 44-2. It allows one to work with these lenses in different environments and receive the maximum quality from them. With IronGlass rehousing you receive:
- New & solid cine-style body
- 95mm Front O.D. for compatability with clip-on matte boxes.
- Integrated follow focus and iris gears
- Expanded focus distance markings
- Permanent PL or EF mount
- Imperial or Metric measurement system
- Min Focusing Distance: 0.5m
- Angle of View (FF): 40°
- Focus Throw: Approx. 270°
- Aperture Blades: 8 (IronGlass can install a 16 blade version)
- Aperture Range: F2.8 – F16