Set 5 Anamorphic (with color Orange painting & oval diaphragm) lens for PL mount. 20 mm Mir 20, 37 mm Mir 1B, 58 mm Helios 44-2, 85 mm Jupiter 9, 135 mm Jupiter 37A.
LENS IS DECLICKED
This is FLARE anamorphic lens.The lens has effect of an anamorphic lens.Also there is an oval diaphragm with a unique value 3,5. And standart round diaphragm lens is painted amber color inside. Videos and photos turn out very interesting! This lens will give to your image improbable appeal! Focusing in full range, including infinity. Glasses have small traces of use. Inside there is no dust. The lens has undergone cleaning and testing by the qualified master. It is completely ready to use.
IGA have developed a set of lenses to deliver the the look, feel and characteristics of Panavision C Series anamorphic lenses from the 1970s. Classic movies like Blade Runner, Star Wars, James Bond – The Spy Who Loved Me and Superman were all shot on Panavision C series lenses giving that ‘Classic Hollywood’ look we all know so well. This set of lenses is now available to buy from IGA.
The set of 5 lenses provides all the characteristics of these classic Panavision C series lenses, like: oval bokeh, blue horizontal flares, very narrow depth of field, soft warm skin tones, blooming highlights.
The lenses are custom modified and designed by IGA lenses using Russian KMZ spherical lenses which have been modified with new internal coatings to the lens body, new oval fixed apperture and flare creator all inside the lens between the lens elements.
These modified lenses are spherical and let you shoot the classic anamorphic look without having to de- squeeze the anamorphic image in post production , simply add 1:2.35 aspect ratio black bars in post production.
The lenses come with PL mount , ideal for use on 4K cameras by Pansonic, Sony, Canon, Red and Arri , taking off the harsh digital 4k clinical look and giving you the Classic 70s Hollywood Anamorphic look.
These lenses have been developed and tested in conjunction with British Cinematographer/Director Andy Lee who is using them to shoot his new feature film.
This set include:
- 20 mm / F3.5 – MIR 20
- 37 mm / F2.8 – Mir 1B
- 58 mm / F2 – Helios 44-2
- 85 mm / F2 – Jupiter 9
- 135 mm / F3.5 – Jupiter 37A
- Lens mount: PL
- Frame Size: 24×36 mm
- FULL FRAME
- Focal length: 20 mm, 37 mm, 58 mm, 85 mm, 135 mm
- The lens can be used with all cameras with PL mount
- This item include hoods, front and rear caps
20 mm / F3.5 – MIR 20
- Focal length: 20mm
- Aperture: F3.5
When you first take the lens, the convex front lens, which has a wide edging that resembles a lens hood, attracts very much attention.
Features of the MIR 20 3.5 / 20 lens:
- The focus of the lens is very smooth. Due to the fact that the front lens forms a kind of lens hood, the focusing ring remains clamped between the camera body and the “blend”. The focus ring rotates 320 degrees, thus providing a very precise focus for sharpness. When focusing, the front lens does not rotate, and the lens unit with the front lens moves about half a centimeter from the camera.
- The aperture of the lens is only F / 3.5. But the wide-angle is often used for landscapes, and there is no need for a large aperture.
- The MIR 20 3.5 / 20 lens shows the depth of field for each aperture value. “Infinity” near the lens begins with 2 meters on the focus scale.
- There are different versions of MIR 20 3.5 / 20, some do not support the installation of filters at the front of the lens, some use light filters that are installed near the rear group of lenses.
- The lens is very well assembled. Iron and glass.
- MIR 20 3.5 / 20 is an ultrawideguide, the focus ring has to be twisted very rarely, and in 90% of cases the lens is focused on infinity.
- An unusual feature of MIR 20 3.5 / 20 is the minimum focusing distance, which is only 18 centimeters. This is a very good indicator, you can experiment with the prospect, taking off small objects, flowers, etc. The MIR 20 3.5 / 20 lens has one of the shortest focusing distances among the lenses of this class.
- On the crocheted chambers, ultra-wide-angle lenses, MIR 20 3.5 / 20 including, lose their “over wide-angle” and become the usual “wide-angles”. Of course, on full-frame cameras MIR 20 3.5 / 20 will be of much greater interest.
- MIR 20 3.5 / 20 – an interesting vintage lens, gives excellent sharpness in the center, loses sharpness around the edges of the frame. One of the few Soviet lenses, which creates a really wide viewing angle on the crozed cameras.
37 mm / F2.8 – Mir 1B
Lens MIR 1B 2.8/37
- Focal length: 37mm
- Diaphragm: F2.8-F16
The MIR 1B 2.8/37 lens is very small and compact, on the lens there are three control rings. The focus ring has a pronounced similarity with the nut due to the sharp edges.
In 1958, Mir-1 (under M39) won the Grand Prix at the World Exhibition in Brussels, and in 1959, Mir-1 was awarded the Diploma of the 2nd degree of the Exhibition of Economic Achievements of the USSR. The lens was copied with Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm F2.8.
Features of the MIR 1B 2.8/37:
- Like any other old Soviet lens – MIR 1B 2.8/37 is made of glass and metal, because it will serve for a very long time, but with a neat treatment – forever.
- The MIR 1B 2.8/37 lens perfectly fits both the full frame and the crocheted cameras and other smaller formats. This is important, because many lovers of Soviet optics use it on the crocheted digital SLR and mirrorless cameras, and after the upgrade to the full format they will be able to continue using this lens.
- The lens has a diaphragm preset ring. An irreplaceable thing for manual lenses.
- Interesting wide-angle lens with good sharpness and softness of the picture.
- The MIR 1B 2.8/37 lens is really sharp, but the picture is soft, which is quite a big rarity. The lens becomes very sharp at 5.6, keeps the side and back light, which is important for photographing landscapes.
58 mm / F2 – Helios 44-2
Lens HELIOS 44-2 2/58
- Focal Length: 58mm
- Diaphragm: F2
The HELIOS 44-2 2/58 lens has a diaphragm preset ring. With it, you can select one of the fixed values: F / 2, 2.8, 4, 5.6, 8, 11, 16. Unlike the preset ring, the diaphragm setting ring rotates smoothly and with it you can set any intermediate value. The smooth motion of the diaphragm setting ring is useful when shooting video. The diaphragm consists of 8 petals, which form a hole in the form of regular polyhedra.
The focus ring rotates 270 degrees, the stroke of the ring is smooth. Manual hitting is quite convenient. During focusing, the front lens does not rotate, only the frame rim is elongated.
In the center of the image, the lens is sharp enough even on F / 2.0. On the closed diaphragms, the edges and corners of the image come to normal. Like other lenses of the HELIOS-44 family, version 44-2 spins the background (the legendary “twisted bokeh” of helios). Such a lens can be an excellent find.
Lens HELIOS 44-2 2/58 – one of the most common lenses of the HELIOS 44 series. The mass production of such lenses did not go for the benefit of image quality. The lens can and should be used for any creative ideas. On the crooked cameras it can serve as a good portrait lens.
85 mm / F2 – Jupiter 9
Lens JUPITER 9 2/85
- Focal Length: 86mm
- Diaphragm: F2
The optical circuit of JUPITER 9 2/85 was copied with Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 2/85. The JUPITER 9 2/85 lens is solidly assembled – all made of metal and glass. The focus ring rotates smoothly. During focusing, the front lens does not rotate, but the frame rims forward. The focus ring rotates 270 degrees. During focusing, the entire lens unit moves. The minimum focusing distance is 80 cm. The maximum ratio for macro photography is 1: 7.3. The lens can use standard filters with a diameter of 49 mm.
The lens has an installation ring and a diaphragm preset ring. The installation ring can take one of the following fixed values: F / 2, 2.8, 4, 5.6, 8, 11, 16. The preset ring rotates smoothly and with its help you can set any value of the number F. The aperture consists of 15 petals already.
On the open diaphragm, the lens lacks any sharpness and contrast, which can be skillfully applied to create portraits. At the aperture of F / 5.6 JUPITER 9 2/85 gives normal sharpness.
Features of the JUPITER 9 2/85 lens:
- A large maximum F / 2.0 aperture and a focal length of 85 mm make it easy to control the depth of the sharply-imaged space.
- The lens is quite heavy.
- The aperture consists of 15 petals and is ideal for shooting portraits, giving an even bokeh. Also, in creating an excellent bokeh helps an excellent Sonnar scheme for 7 elements in 3 groups.
Lens JUPITER 9 2/85 – a lens with a strong soft effect on a fully open aperture. From the aperture of F / 2.8, the lens significantly increases its sharpness. Can serve as an interesting creative lens, in particular for creating portraits.
135 mm / F3.5 – Jupiter 37A
The JUPITER 37A 3.5 / 135 lens
- Focal Length: 135mm
- Aperture: F3.5
Legend of the last century, the people’s lens – JUPITER 37A 3.5 / 135. He is called a small TV or a big portrait, which corresponds to reality. JUPITER 37A 3.5 / 135 is the best Soviet portrait lens on the range of 85-135mm.
Features of the JUPITER 37A 3.5 / 135:
- Ordinary enlightenment. But even this enlightenment avoids unnecessary glare.
- Has a replaceable shank. It allows you to use a photo system with different working segments.
- 12 petals of the diaphragm. Therefore, it can act as an excellent portrait lens with smooth circles blurring the background (it has a good side).
- Not a fixed stroke of the diaphragm ring – the ring does not have fixed diaphragm values of type 4.5, 5.6, 8, but has a continuous stroke ring. This is very useful when shooting video, when you can smoothly close and open the diaphragm (and not jerky at fixed values)
- Large diaphragm stroke F3.5-F22. Pretty manoeuvrable lens. JUPITER 37A 3.5 / 135 has the function of preset aperture. To use this function, you need to remove the diaphragm ring into the camera and release it at the desired aperture value. Then the aperture will be closed only to the specified value. This is quite handy when working with manual optics – to focus on the full open diaphragm, quickly close to the desired value and shoot.
- The metal case.
- Works in minus 15 to plus 45 ° C.
- Near focus of 1.2 meters. The focus ring rotates 270 degrees.
- The diameter of the filter is 52 mm.
- The lens has 4 lenses in 3 groups.
- On the fully open diaphragm F3.5, slightly soft, excellent portraits are obtained, if it is closed, then the sharpness is sufficient for all tasks.
The JUPITER 37A 3.5 / 135 lens is a good lens. The lens has a nice blur of the background and excellent sharpness since the maximum open diaphragm. The JUPITER 37A 3.5 / 135 lens is one of the best Soviet portrait lenses, it is easy to install on modern digital SLR cameras with the help of a replacement shank system.